Wednesday 3 August 2011

One




I have heard "one is the loneliest number" but in my case "one" means
I have one member and for that I am grateful. 
I should tell you a little bit about where I work.  For costuming purposes  we represent the first half of the 1920's.  We are a large site and most of  our buildings and exhibits are from this time period.  Now don't let your  mind wander too far with the 1920's we are not in the habit of drinking bathtub gin and not one of our ladies has a beaded dress.  We are
 a community full of hard working people.  We have blacksmiths, store  keepers, teachers,printers and in each of our three houses are sensibly  dressed homemakers.  I have given this type of costuming  the name Occupational  Costuming.  The reason is evident each of our historical interpreters not only tells the visitor about their exhibit but needs to do  the job the exhibit represents.
I think that is probably all the information my one member can handle for now. I do thank them very much for their attention and hope I have not put them to sleep or are they reaching for that one 
last cup of bathtub gin? 
.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment